header

Pages

10.16.2010

it's almost here...

Yep- Halloween! I can't believe I still have not decided on a costume. My husband and I usually do couples costumes, and we have no idea what to be this year. (previous costumes include Fry and Leela from Futurama, Vincent and Mia from Pulp Fiction, possessed Dana and Louis from Ghostbusters, Peg and Al Bundy). Clearly, we prefer costumes from cool TV/movies. If you have any good costume suggestions, please leave a comment!

I used a color scheme from colourQ and sketch from Lizzie Ann to make this Halloween card.

The eerie tree is heat embossed in black, and I wrapped black tulle around the middle of the card. For the flower, I randomly hand-cut jagged edges on each of the 3 layers, inked them with some black, and used an eyelet for the center.

3 comments:

  1. Nice & spooky---but the flower is a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Jen! Love your use of the net, it makes for a great spooky card. Love the look of a brayered background. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creepy tree stamp, but the hand-cut flower is brilliant! Just the right touch for a spooky card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...