header

Pages

2.20.2011

Little Baby

Lovely, right? Above is the inspiration for this week's challenge at Off the Wall Craftiness. I was immediately drawn to that plaid bowtie!!

I really wanted plaid in my card, but did not have any matching plaid paper. I decided to make my own. I took a piece of scrap cardstock, and masked off strips with scrap paper. I inked the stripes in one direction, then again in the other, making sure to keep them semi-transparent. I think that is what makes a better plaid pattern.

At the end, I stamped the thin stripes in black (again, keeping it less saturated). I really love how it all turned out!! And it was my husband's idea to die cut a duck from it- thanks Dave!




Hopefully this picture below helps you see how I stamped the plaid:


3 comments:

  1. Jennifer this is so creative! Great job! I love your die cut duck! Love it when the hubs gets involved! Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!! You are sooooo creative dearie!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, this is AWESOME! I just love that little plaid ducky. Thanks for much for sharing it with OTWC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...