header

Pages

2.27.2011

Paper Piecing

I've got a fun paper pieced card for 2 different challenges- the Moxie Fab World and Lawnscaping- both paper piecing challenges.

I know Christmas is far off, but my only Lawn Fawn sets are "partly cloudy," "how delightful" (which can't really be paper pieced), and holiday themed stamps. So I went with the "winter bunny!"

I pieced the sled and the scarf on the bunny, and added trails of glitter from the sled. (I know- after my rant on glitter, you didn't think you'd ever see it here again! This glitter is chunky and wasn't too bad...)

The background paper was embossed with my swiss dots folder, and I hand-cut the cloud. I also put the cloud and snow layers on with foam tape to let them pop.





Oh yea- one more project. Yesterday I made this cute pincushion cuff following a tutorial I found here. The grey fabric was a scrap, the awesome yellow/white floral is from Joann Fabrics, and that button was from my stash.

Now I just need to do more sewing to put this to good use!!



10 comments:

  1. Cute card! Great touch with the glitter trail =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving those glittery snow tracks! So cute! And that pin cushion? WOW!! That is adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable and that is the loveliest pin cushion I ever did see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is super cute! I love the sky and the trail of snow! Your pieced bunny and scarf is fabulous. Love the sentiment in the cloud! Super cute. And loving that pin cushion of yours. I bet you could make more and sell them on Etsy! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the bunny's scarf. The scene is so whimsical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the card...soooo sweet and your pin cushion....it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeckk! That pin cushion is sooo adorable. Makes me want to sew!! :)

    PS: I’m doing my first ever giveaway on my blog and I’d love if you would stop by and participate! Check it out: http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-giveaway-and-introducing-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pin cushion is lovely! The gray and yellow together are a surprising yet delightful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jen! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eral is one of the the majority of classy in [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#633]north face denali jacket[/URL] industry. As a big famous brand inside China, it is never a lot less well-known than Bosideng. having said that,because [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#812]north face denali jackets[/URL] has a shorter history because it is founded in 1997. Bosideng has advantages over Eral.most people only know Bosideng.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...