header

Pages

3.21.2011

The Cityscapes are on the Rise

Happy Monday! I'm back with a card for a Moxie Fab World challenge. I was so excited to see that the challenge this time around is to incorporate a cityscape.

Anyone who knows me knows that I ADORE Boston! I studied music at Boston University, and a big factor that helped me choose to go there was the city. I also met my husband at a movie theater in Boston (random!), so I have many reasons to love it. Although we live just outside of the city, we go in at least once a week.

This card is dedicated to my love for Boston. I designed each layer for my die cutter, and used it to cut them out. Notable buildings include the John Hancock Tower and the Prudential Building (the Pru!) The water/trees/front buildings are adhered with foam tape to add dimension.



This card is dear to my heart- I hope you love it too!

14 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I used a die cutting machine to make my cityscape, too. Aren't they wonderful!! I love how you incorporated the coast. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic ... love all of the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me toooo!!! (LOVE Boston (-: )
    And your card is absolutely FABULOUS!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! And my favorite city, at that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your (understandable) love for Boston shines through in this card. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just awesome! Love that dirty water.

    You've given me another reason to bump a die cutter to the top of my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! Love the texture & dimension of the different layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen1 Thanks for entering the Cityscapes Are on the Rise challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such amazing paper piecing on your card. It's wonderfully realistic !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...