header

Pages

9.17.2011

OCC Not Big on Pink

How was everyone's week? Mine was pretty good! We had our first assembly at school on Thursday, and the kiddos sang great :) They only had 2 music classes to learn 2 new songs, so I'm very happy with how they did!

I'm here with this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner. My buddy Sharon is challenging everyone make a card with blue as the dominant color, and only a hint of pink. You also need to incorporate texture (ribbon, floss, etc) and metal.

Challenges with many requirements always stump me! I don't often like to pile things onto my cards. I kind of cheated with the metal....I used a super thin piece of jewelry wire and strung it between my 2 strands of embroidery floss:



This card is mini- only 3.5" square. So it is getting linked up with CAS-ual Fridays for their mini card challenge. And I'm really getting challenge crazy with this one (sorry to do that to you, I don't usually do this)- I'm submitting it to Lily Pad Cards and the Moxie Fab World.

Oh- and one more curveball- I made another version of the card, and I don't know which I prefer! Here's the softer version:

Hope you choose to play along with us at Our Creative Corner!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jennifer! I think I like the first card better than the softer one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love what you did with that gorgeous flower, and your floss and metal are great embellishments for a CAS card. I think I agree with Arlene - I like the higher contrast in the first card, but they are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I love the drama of the first one. The black layer really makes the other colors pop :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jennifer, I love the subtle shading on the flower :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.. Jen, this is drop dead gorgeous!! Love this design.so.much! SO glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you snuck the metal in there - brilliant idea! They're both gorgeous but I like the brighter pink best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, this is stunning! I love the clean design and the addition of the thin jewelry wire adds SO much. Both cards are beautiful but I really like the bold contrast of the black card stock on the first one. BEE-U-TI-FUL!! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Jennifer. I really admire the way you got that metal in there even though it was more than you'd usually like to have on the card. Very cool, delicate add-on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! The flower really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Jen ... I soo love the subtle colouring of the flower, it is beautiful ...
    And, I love the simplicity of the thin wire between the floss ... what a lovely touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer, I always love what you create! I think youre super talented! and I love how you added the wire as your metal piece! clever!
    If I had to 'vote' on which card I love best, I'd say the one that is on the OCC challenge site. :)
    And I think its' super great that you could submit this card to a few other challenges! see, your super creative! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooohhh beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, Jen - so wonderfully CAS. I really like the way you have colored the flower with the more intense color in the middle and then fading as you move outward! Personally, I prefer the one with the brighter colored floss - I like the sharp contrast.

    Terrific take on this week's challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...